Thursday 29 September 2011

blobby thing

This was an intersting project, by the time I got around to starting it!

The model is a prototype for an instiliation, the model would be then moulded and cast in cermaics. 

The data was from Rhino, and the model - being deeper than my CNC Mill could handel, was split into 4 and 3D printed on the Zcorp 510.

Once printed, they were Infiltrated with resin and joined, filled, sanded, 2K primed and sprayed a gloss white.

There wasnt one - but two! It took 3 days, mostly spent sanding, fillig, priming, sanding, filling, priming, sanding, filling priming  - you get the picture. All this whilst trying to opperate a workshop with MA students running around!



Overall I was pelased with the outcome - its been a while since I used alot of the finishing skills I had supposedly aquiered at Curvature Group!


No comments:

Post a Comment